tar

Autor: Alexander Holler (holler_at_ahsoftware.de)
Datum: 07. Jun 2003

Hmm,

habe gerade etwas gelesen, was evtl. auch für andere interessant ist:

---------------------
A GNU tar bug that is known since 1994 (this is when I reported it
to the maintainer).

GNU tar is not POSIX compliant and it seems that nobody cares that fact.

I stopped reporting bugs for GNU tar in 1995 (there are many) when I found
that none of the bugs get fixed. As you see, it would have wasted my time.
Now, 9b years later the bugs still have not been fixed.

Conclusion: do not use GNU tar.

Would you ever trust an archiver program that behaves differently in
list/diff/extract mode?

Der Kommentar ist von Jörg Schilly (dem Autor von star) bzgl. einem Bug in
tar.

Macht einen schon etwas nachdenklich.

Gruß,

Alexander

Dieses Archiv wurde generiert von hypermail 2.1.7 : 07. Jun 2003 CEST